Thursday, July 06, 2006

wanna be on stage::


I have forgotten how long do i stopped dancing..... probably two or three years at least. Before that i started dancing for 6 years and i was a student dancer in hong kong dance company. My teacher is the principle dancer of hkdc, miss her a lot. I can still remember the strugges of stretching and the smell of sweat. I like group dance and the feeling of team spirit on the stage. I like our hard work can satisfy the audiences. However, i can dance no more. Not only because of the age, of couse it does a bit, but more importantly, i was hurt in my last performance. I can still clearly remember what was happened. When almost finish the whole dance, there's a post of lying down on the stage floor with both legs bended and then using the waist strength to push the whole body up. It's not hard at all as we've practiced more than a thousand times.However maybe i moved too fast or push too hard or used the strength wrongly or whatever, suddenly i feel something wrong with my back. After scanning a x-ray, it said that my backbone has been shifted !!!! OMG, it's so hurt!! At first i supposted it's just only hurt in the muscle but i never thought of that's bone!!! It's really pain and at least last for half a year. Even when standing and sleeping i couldn't straighten my back.....and so i forced to stop dancing. I really really love dancing and so much don't wanna give up the time and effort in all those years because of that sudden and stupid accident. But i could do nothing.....feel extremely helpless. Since that i start to watch every dance performances shown and always visit the dance company. That's cheer me up. Even thought i can't dance, but i can still feel it, sense it and enjoy it. I'm not gonna leave it. Things are often happenning out of our expectation. We feel hopeless but still gonna face it. Even there's nothing u may change, we can't always cry cry cry and sigh sigh sigh, right? Hope that i can keep that in mind, in what ever tough situation. By the way, i still hoping that one day i can step on the stage again.

3 comments:

Peter Podcast said...

This is rather sad.
Life throws you curve balls like this sometimes.
You may fingd it is all part of the plan.
Lets hope so.
Keep Blogging!

candying* said...

Yes that's true... and all I might do is to think it another way to makes myself happier. It just takes time....

candying* said...

hey gula gula, when can I c ur performance?? "Stage" is such an incredible place!!makes you feel so so so wonderful~~