Sunday, July 30, 2006

multifunctional dry lavender ::


Last Saturday, I walked around the L'occitane in QVB....wooo, not attracted but its products, but the dry lavender instead. Dropping down $10, I took one pack home for decoration. Sunday morning when I woke up, the whole living room is full of the lavender smell!!! I was so amazed. Not as strong as those electronic air fresheners, but so natural and so real!! That's just incredible. I know lavender has been used as kind of fragrance added in toilette, hand cream, shampoo, soap, room spray and some other similar stuffs. The essential oil of lavender can help relaxing and refreshing. Well, that's nothing new...however when I chatted with my friend, who is a crazy lavender lover, I learnt a lot more...and so much surprised.....
Lavender is eatable. Beside the japenese use it to make creative cheese cake, most people drink it as flower tea, by adding some dry lavender in hot water with honey. It would reduce stress and refine skin. Something unexpected is, it also has been used as medicine to cure headache, stomach-ache, insomnia, cough and bad breath. Just can't imagine how smart human are. Maybe some days later I gonna eat my lavender when I get mad with the assignments.
Of course there're many people like me use lavender as decoration...not for a particular purpose, but just wanna put some plants n flowers there to make home more lively. The French lavender fields are so famous in photography. My mum has one on her office desk. By the way....standing in the extensive violet lavender field is one of my travel dream.
Seriously, lavender has lots of unexpected function....such as a cat toy...if you'd like to. My kitty at home can't stop playing n scratching the dry lavender that I've just bought..makes it everywhere!! Hey if you have a cat at home, better to buy a lavender room spray or a picture, instead of a real one.

No comments: